Friday, February 1, 2013

Two Things I Never Knew Existed...and a Third

I'm in my late 40's and I've seen a whole lot of TV,  so when I miss a whole channel, it's news.

Thing the First:  I never knew that the Christian Science Monitor had a cable TV channel.  It would have been a bit hard to have spotted it, because it only lasted eleven months before shutting down.

Thing the Second:  I didn't know that Mort Sahl had monthly comedy specials on the CSM.  The shows reek of non-interference by a network.  Most of them consist of him talking about politics and culture, an analysis of the news as only he could do it, special guests and a theme song and incidental music provided by a sizable Jazz ensemble!  The producer of these specials, Bob Burns, has uploaded five of these specials to YouTube.  If you are a fan of Sahl's you would do well to see them.

Thing the Third:  One of the shows had a "new feature", which I will not divulge the name of, however, I was astonished who he brought out as a guest in the embedded video, so take a look at 17:00.

Your jaw may hit the floor; mine did.

No comments:

Post a Comment