Sunday, October 28, 2018

Dreaming From the Knee, Part 2

Image result for I'll see you in dreamlandThis is the second of a series of posts about the dreams I've been having since I've been taking painkillers.

I've been pretty firm about the intervals at which I take them and I also AM NOT DRIVING. I am cogent[as cogent as YOU'LL ever be-Ed.] and I am not seeing things during my waking hours, but it is giving me...interesting nights.

Before I went to sleep, my Niece asked me if I liked her new hairstyle. It was done back in braids, and I gave her a thumbs-up.

Here is the issue: while she did indeed go to the hairdresser, she did not ask me my opinion of her hair, which also is not braided, so that whole incident NEVER HAPPENED.

This isn't the first time this has happened. I've been a bit on the shall we say, vulnerable side, reality-wise, so this didn't stop her from having a bit of fun at my expense. Before she left the house, one day,  I asked that she clean up some empty water bottles. She agreed to this, but must have noticed something in my diction, because she then asked, "Do you want me to throw out the grandfather clock, too?", to which I groggily assented.

I don't remember saying that.  Darn that woman!

What I can recall of the dream I had this morning, I came home from work to the house we used to own in Stone Mountain and several people are having a cookout on my property. I don't know any of them and look at me as if it is their right to cook barbecue on my land, in the FRONT YARD. I politely ask them to stop and the fellow who seems to be the head griller actually breaks down in tears because of this.

That's all I can remember. If there is a part three, I'll post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment